Thursday, April 18, 2013

PARTICIPATION BRINGS MOTIVATION


When I was young, my mom would put curlers in my hair, buy me the most beautiful dresses, and always make sure my sisters and I looked presentable at family gatherings. There is nothing like being young and looking at life from a perspective of someone always taking care of you.  As I mature and grow the truth is my parents were right when they said, "you think it's hard now, just wait until you get older."  An animated study by Dan Pink was conducted which talked about the surprising truth about what motivates people. The conclusion made was that people work better by autonomy (a challenge that is your decision), mastery (something you can get better at), and making a contribution. You would think these are obvious, but realistically are you doing something that you love and giving back to others?  Think about when you were young, what were the types of the things you did in your free time? Played a sport, practiced an instrument, built something, spent time outdoors, played with friends... Most of what I did was self directed and allowed me to do it simply for the pleasure of it. Don't forget to carry into life the things that are interesting to you. Life is short, time is here for using and sharing your gifts. The Surprising Truth (click here). 
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment