Monday, April 22, 2013

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL


Standing the bathroom at Macy's I wash my hands and look over to see four young girls looking in the mirror and doing their makeup. They were talking about going out that night and what they saw as they stare at themselves. "I look ugly", "Ahh my make-up is so bad", "my face looks weird"...They all seemed to continue saying horrible things about themselves. I thought to myself how sad that is to hear what they actually thought about their physical appearance  As I walked away I hoped it was only because they were young and with time they would grow out of it.  Then, the instant I turned the corner to go out the door, a middle aged woman was staring in a long mirror and clutching her legs to make them appear smaller.  Once she saw me she quickly stopped and looked down.

People looking at the distorted image in the mirror has become way too common in today's society. With magazines/ads portraying unrealistic images of men and woman, it puts a lot of pressure on people. I'll give you a hint, Kylie Bisutti (VS model that quit to follow Christ) said that most, if not all pictures you see of models are photo shopped (manipulated to look different). Guard your heart and see things that give you peace, not what makes you believe in the lie of an impossible reflection. Click Here

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it

xoxo Mandy

1 comment:

  1. The Dove commercial brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing everything on your blog.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete