Saturday, July 27, 2013

ITS A LOVELY TIME TO MAKE OLD THINGS NEW


the picture frame was looking a little boring after having it for years. just gave it a little update:)

turn an old dress into something pretty with an imagination. I used a white canvas as a backdrop to make the photos look ready to sell online. recycled clothing. 
Re cy cle Verb 1. convert (waste) into reusable material

used a similar white canvas for a work of art. not really a work of art...but it's start (lol)


shoes that were going to be thrown out made into "Dorthy shoes"...as Nick calls them:)

Happy Saturday! I've been trying to think of something compelling and intriguing to write about but sometimes ideas come from strange places for me. This morning I was painting and it gave me the idea of what to write today:)  I love taking something old and making it new again. Everything in life can be looked at for what it is...or the amazing potential it CAN be.  It's so exciting creating solutions for anything you dream up. The fun in a project is to see it grow and mature into the master piece it's imagined into. 

Last week, I was sitting next to a little girl coloring a picture with markers. She pushed on the marker so hard that it made a hole in her picture.  She immediately said she wanted a new page because it was ruined. I asked her to write her name on it so I could take it home. The picture now sits on my fridge as a reminder of her and her cute little self. If you look at the imperfections in art as beautiful and unique, it may be the difference between appealing and disgust. One man's trash is another man's treasure. 

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 

Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much for me to share it with you <3

xoxo, Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment